About Skills Canada Nova Scotia
What We Do
Skills Canada – Nova Scotia (SCNS) is a non-profit organization that provides youth the opportunity to explore careers in skilled trades and technologies. We do this by offering programming in skilled trades and technologies throughout the province. Our programs are made possible through partnerships with industry, government, labour, and education.
Our signature event is the annual Nova Scotia Skills Competition. We are a part of Skills/Compétences Canada and associated with WorldSkills International.
We ignite curiosity and passion by promoting skilled trades, technologies, and career exploration through skill development and competition.
As an organization we value:
- Accountability – acting with transparency while honouring our commitments;
- Camaraderie – celebrating each other and developing a sense of community;
- Collaboration – working together to achieve common goals with an open heart and mind;
- Diversity – respecting the strength that comes from diverse experiences, traditions, and thought;
- Excellence – having the perseverance and passion to do your best;
- Inclusion – creating intentional, welcoming spaces;
- Innovation – creating an environment that encourages creativity, forward thinking, and adaptability;
- Integrity – acting responsibly with honesty and fairness;
- Safety – taking all reasonable precautions that protect the mental and physical health of everyone involved.