Skills Canada-Nova Scotia (SCNS) is proud to deliver some contest areas in-person for the 2021 Nova Scotia Skills Competition. SCNS and all 2021 host locations continue to work together to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic, adhere to public health recommendations, and to ensure a safe event delivery. The following safety precautions have been put in place to protect all those participating in in-person competitions
1. All in-person competitions will be CLOSED to coaches, spectators, and visitors.
2. Six-feet physical distancing measures will be in place in contest areas and break rooms.
3. All persons in attendance will be required to wear face masks. Some exceptions may apply for competitors who are working six feet apart in their designated workstations.
4. Additional personal protective equipment (PPE) for individuals handling food and beverages.
5. Competitors should check contest descriptions for specific PPE requirements for their contest area. Additional safety protocols will be reviewed with competitors during the competitor orientation.
6. Sanitizing stations located in competition areas, at the registration desk, contest area entrances and exits, and throughout the host facility.
7. Competitor tools, materials, and PPE will be placed directly in the competitor’s station to minimize the sharing of materials and to ensure physical distancing.
8. Lunches will be packaged by catering provider.
9. Plexiglass barriers will be installed at the registration desk.
10. Online competition forms and waivers to minimize wait times, crowding, and the exchange of paper on the day of competitions.
11. Mandatory Covid-19 screening and registration upon entering the host location.
12. Adherence to occupancy restrictions for any room and/or shop space.
13. All materials and competition related equipment will be shipped to host locations prior to the event and sit in a mandatory quarantine period based on the host locations most up to date protocols.
14. To avoid large gatherings, SCNS will not be hosting a in-person Closing Ceremonies or presenting medals to finalists the day of the competition. Results will be announced no later then 48 hours after the competition concludes and medals will be mailed to finalists.
SCNS will host a virtual Closing Ceremonies on Friday, May 7th.
All competitors and volunteers will be required to review and sign a mandatory Covid-19 Waiver prior to participating in an in-person competition. SCNS and its host partners are committed to safety. We will continue to stay informed of public health advisories, restrictions, and protocols and will modify our event delivery as required with the safety of all involved paramount.